At Coromandel Valley Primary School we are able to offer a variety of musical instruments lessons. We are fortunate to have a dedicated group of private and departmental music instructors offering the following instruments: piano, keyboard, flute, trumpet, saxophone, clarinet, recorder, acoustic guitar, electric guitar, ukulele, drums, violin, viola and cello.
Instrumental Music lessons are very popular and generally offered one or two days a week. Most lessons are available from year 1. Lessons are held on school premises in school time. For all instruments other than strings, arrangements are made directly with the private instructor. Once a registration of interest is received we will forward your contact details onto the relevant instructor, and they will contact you directly with details of charges, etc. Please be aware some private music instructors may operate a waiting list for more popular instruments. Various concert and opportunities are made available during the year for students to share their progress.
Our strings instrumental music program for Years 3 - 7 is offered through the Department for Education and tutition for violin, viola or cello is free. String instruments can be hired for a fee from the school. String lessons start at the beginning of the year and a commitment of 12 months is usually expected.
This is a wonderful opportunity as students can access learning pathways to ensembles, workshops, Festival of Music, combined Primary Schools’ String Orchestra and special entry secondary schools.
The following information may also be helpful to inform your decision:
- There is no charge for tuition – Department for Education provides this free.
- To be successful students must be committed to daily home practice, have good organisational skills (eg. remembering to bring music and instrument to weekly lessons) and have parental support.
- There will be inevitable times when they need additional parental encouragement
- The cost of instrument hire is approximately $150 per year, which needs to be paid to the front office upon receipt of a school invoice.
- Students will need to buy one or two tutor books per year.
We hope this is the beginning of a great learning experience for your child and contributes to the excellence of the school music program.
If you would like more information, please eMail:
If you would like to register your interest, please complete the form below.